My friend Michelle has started up a very motivating weekly gathering within the blog community to help us all get off our behinds and get things done! No Excuses Thursday. I for one have very busy weeks with the kids and sometimes just feel a bit overwhelmed by all the things that need to get done around here. Michelle hit the nail on the head with her post on this phenomenom that we all seem to get trapped by at one time or another. So in order to try and create some more order in our world, I'm joining the growing list over at her site.
My summer project list includes:
That's the start. I really hope that I can get it all done by the end of Summer. We will see..hehe
- Building 2 more raised veggie beds for Fall planting
- Building an outdoor sectional sized for our porch ala' Knock Off Wood
- Continuing weeding and maintaining gardens
- Clearing side of driveway in preparation for a Fall re-do
- Build another, better big table for the dining room (the first became an outdoor table - it's not square and looks shabby but is sturdy and the very first piece of furniture I ever built, so I'm keeping it..haha!)
- Finish Christmas gifts by end of October
- Jazz up outside of chicken coop with plants and other more attractive features - the link is not the specific plan...just giving you an idea.
- There are a ton of things on Michelle's list that are duplicates for me as well...kids will not allow me to post more than this for now though..haha!
- Paint and re-purpose glass door cabinet in bedroom into knitting closet - similar to what Michelle has done! (I am beginning to sound like a copycat. I swear I have original ideas too!)
- Wash windows inside & out.
- Go through the kids' toys-- donate & organize.
Thanks Michelle for the motivation!
And don't forget...tomorrow the treat for you all will be revealed. Check back!
Labels: No Excuse Thursday