Fabric Joy

 
Anna Maria Horner arrived today...okay, not the actual woman but some of her Folksy Flannel fabric did show up and I am singing the praises of her designs.  I cannot wait to dive into these stacks.  I ordered 2 fat quarter stacks that will be made into the girls' new comforters, as well as 2 yards of 2 of the prints to be made into new pillowcases.  I'm in-love with it all!

 
Received this times 2. (Fat quarter stacks)
 
 
Darker is for Lola and lighter for Xi. (Pillowcases)

After seeing the tied quilts from Amanda over at SouleMama, and Nicole from Frontier Dreams, I knew I had to follow suit.  The patterns and colors are going to go perfectly with the color of paint we chose for the girls' walls - a deep coral.  The flannel is so thick and soft that I cannot imagine these blankets being anything other than cozy.  I picked up batting made from recycled 2L bottles for each and the flannel for the backings from the local quilt shop that I have a feeling I'll be spending alot of time in.  Just walking into the store is like a breath of fresh air.  It is a "green" store, so they take the environment very seriously and refuse to sell synthetics other than the recycled batting.  I love it!

I can hear my sewing machine working overtime this weekend! 

Do you have any crafty plans for the weekend?

Peace!

Labels: