For The Love Of Cupcakes



But first, a little background info...

A few weeks ago the girls and I went out for the evening with our darling neighbor - Rosemary. We went to Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, where they were having a fossil exhibit for the kids. The girls got to run all over looking for different fossils and learning about where they came from. They had a blast with that and Rosemary and I loved checking out all the local wildflowers and plants! Got some good ideas for the garden.

Afterwards, we drove into town and went to one of Austin's cool eateries, Hey Cupcake! That's right, nothing but cupcakes! And not only that, but they serve them out of a polished 1950's era Airstream trailor. Let me tell you, what a treat! The girls and I each had one of their incredible Vanilla Dream's with pink tinted vanilla icing. Rosemary had the 24 Carrot (carrot cake with cream cheese icing). So delicious! And quite popular. We got there just ahead of a rush and there were people coming from every direction literally!

So ever since then, the girls and I have been talking about making our own cupcakes. It's been so hot that I haven't wanted to turn on the oven, but the last few days have been down in the 80's, rainy and perfect for indulging in our cupcake dreams. I baked them last night, and today we frosted. So yummy! I used Amy Sedaris' Vanilla Cupcake Recipe and I don't think I'll ever use boxed cake mix again. Even our darling J, who hates all things sugary, liked these! And the girls had fun frosting them, and of course eating!

Bon Apetit!



Labels: