A Plethora of Seeds


I was so excited to open my mailbox yesterday and find an abundance of seeds from Heirloom Seeds.  I have no idea how many of these will fair, but I'm excited to see what happens.  :)   Here is a list of what I got:
We have another seed order arriving from Pinetree Garden Seeds with:

And from The Natural Gardener, we got last week:

  • Tricolor Pole Beans (Green, Yellow & Purple)
  • Summer Feast Heirloom Tomatoes (Black Krim, Sweet Persimmon, & Costoluto)
  • Chianti Rose Heirloom Tomato
  • Italian Trio Eggplants (Nadia, Beatrice & Rosa Blanca)
  • Rainbow's End Heirloom Tomatoes (Brandywine, Marvel Stripe & Green Zebra)
  • Maximilian Sunflower
  • Dill
  • Autumn Beauty Sunflower
  • Echinacea
  • Amaranth
  • Wheatgrass
  • Zinnia
  • Alfalfa for sprouts

I've been wanting to grow heirloom tomatoes for quite awhile now, so am really looking forward to what we can do this fall.  I never liked tomatoes until I started growing my own.  There is something extremely tasty about a beautiful, meaty tomato you picked off the vine a few minutes before cutting into it.  My mouth is watering as I type...